Thursday, December 15, 2016

Jay Daniel - Broken Knowz

This via lil broski.. Been vibing this album for walking home on hot nights. When I was a teenager, I felt naked walking around or taking the tram to school without headphones in, but I hardly have in the past five or so years. My increased use of bike transportation, I guess, or maybe I'm more into eavesdropping now, I don't know. Anyway I've kind of been enjoying that "my life is a movie" feeling you get when you block out traffic sounds and give yourself a soundtrack. Not on the bike, though, of course.

Anyway, I won't go into detail about Jay Daniel, the story is all over the interwebs. He's 25, from Detroit, previous releases on Theo Parrish and Kyle Hall's labels and his mum worked with Carl Craig in the early 90s.



I've been listening to this on my paid subscription music service which, after sooking about getting for ages, is actually the best. I'm going to add that to the "pillars of adulthood" I've achieved. But anyway I'm sure it's pretty to easy to find a download for if you like what you hear but not that much eh. I read a review that said check Knowledge of Selfie for some jazzy keys, but they clearly don't know you sickos cos it's not even on the same planet as some of the fruity piano I've heard you guys get excited about.

Bandcamp Link: Jay Daniel - Broken Knowz

No comments:

Post a Comment