Sunday, April 10, 2011

Benson, three ways

Last year, my friend Adrian and I messed around with this song a bit:



The original is killer. Benson is a corny motherfucker but I love the guy.

Anyway, pretty heavily inspired by Hudson Mohawke, we chopped that shit up, and came up with this:

Benson Wip by molokaicops

(If you're wondering where we got our name from, check this out. Incredible shit.)

I also found a couple of nice loops in there and got deep with the filters. I think I was listening to 'Can't Kick This Feeling' a lot at the time..

Much more than they can see by oscaro

2 comments:

  1. Arrhhhhh... that third one is killer O, sounds slick. Could be my headphones, but at 3:25 a rattling noise fades in, sounds dope.

    Great name origins on the second track, that clip is gags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "this is for the molokai cops"

    ReplyDelete